Thursday, November 10, 2011

getting away from me..

Well, it's been a long time since I've posted again. A lot has happened since the landscaping has been completed. It hasn't been a fun time, really. I guess that's why I haven't posted in so long. I don't really like talking about things in my life when things aren't going well.

Our dishwasher, new just 3.5 years ago and barely off warranty, developed a BIG leak so we decided that rather than finding a repair person that will touch an LG appliance, we'd replace it. We got a Bosch this time... and a top of the line. We've heard amazing things about the quality of Bosch products.

There were several incidents with personal issues for family members. Two uncles, one on each side of the family, had major health issues that will potentially lead to shortened life span and one of my cousins separated from his wife. Sad times...

Then there was the issue involving my car, Bianca. Since turning 18,
Wonder Schmud has seen the value of having a driver's license. He made an attempt in September and then another in early October. Both attempts did not have the desired result. The first seemed to me to be one of those "he's a young male, let's not make him cocky" kind of thing. The second was a strike of bad luck. He was halfway through the exam with no deductions and wasn't quite cautious enough at an intersection. A car coming from the left was hidden by a parked truck and when Wonder Schmud proceeded into the intersection, he was hit. End of test. Beginning of a long convalescence for Bianca. The damage didn't look TOO bad but it was valued at over $7300. It's the kind of news that makes a person thankful for deductible insurance. I was 4 full weeks without my vehicle, creating some various difficulties with getting to and from work and appointments. Thankfully, I have a very good workplace and was allowed to work at the location closer to home for that time frame. In spite of that, I was THRILLED to get my baby back last week.

There have been a few things in the news that I'd have loved to blog about but I just couldn't muster the energy or desire at the time. Depression can be difficult... even when it's simply situational. I'm adjusting to things and as they work themselves out, I'm feeling a little better so I should be back soon. Work will be hectic over the next couple weeks as some people are away but then I'll have a little more time, I think.

Dee..

No comments: