What a crazy few weeks it's been! Ever since we started looking for a landscaping company to do some work in our yard, things have felt incredibly out of control. It all happened very suddenly. The landscaping, I mean. The day we hired a company, they found they could fit us in right away. They did a GREAT job! (Thanks, DNJ Landscaping!)
Yes, it's done. Well, actually the portion being done by professionals is done. We now have a nice new deck, new sod in front, and an amazing stone patio in the back! It will look incredible when I get the finishing touches completed in the coming weeks. :)
I still have a LOT to do myself but it's much more manageable stuff. For example, I removed some tall grass/weeds outside our back fence and put down some crusher dust where we will put some sidewalk blocks to prevent that kind of growth from happening again. We had the landscapers run the bobcat along there to make it easier for this ol' bod. It sure helped! All we have left there is to haul the blocks out there.
Another thing we need to do is to move that pretty new shed we built and put down some of those sidewalk blocks as a foundation for it and then move the shed back. That's not done yet but I'm hoping it will happen very soon. I also have a few areas that need to have grass seeded back into it. I will do that tomorrow along with the usual laundry and house cleaning I try to get done on my days off. I will enjoy going shopping for planters in the coming weeks to set around my newly beautified yard as well. I should be able to catch some good sales....
I will post some before and after shots soon. I just want to get some of these things done before I post the "after" shots. So, bear with me. I will be back soon... soon as I get these things accomplished. Someone hold back the cold weather in case it takes longer than I imagine, okay? ;)
Dee..
No comments:
Post a Comment