I was disappointed that I wasn't able to do all the building with just the help of Wonder Schmud. We had to get quite a lot of help from Mr.B. and it was really hard to watch at times. It was a very painful process for him and that always makes me feel bad. He was already dealing with a lot of pain from all the added activity of Wonder Schmud's weekend away and then graduation. I didn't want him to have to do anything but supervise and watch.
We had a few little glitches along the way. What building project would be complete without those? First we weren't sure all the parts were there. Then we decided we could probably make do if we had to so we continued. It took longer than we expected it would from the reviews we read online about the product but there was nothing inherently difficult about it, really.
There was an issue with areas we'd already set in place, moving on us. And then there was a little problem with the ridge pole being uneven. Eventually we got it all together though and it's looking pretty good.
I still think we may have to put some sort of more stable base underneath before winter, whether that be plywood or patio blocks. I'd hate to see damage happen because the base is not solid enough underneath.
What kind of projects have you done that would be considered home improvement? Do they usually go well and do you enjoy them?
Dee..
No comments:
Post a Comment