Wednesday, June 8, 2011

a celebration..


Each year, Mr.B and I are the same age for about 7 weeks. Yup, I'm a cradle-robber. lol I always look forward to those 7 weeks... every single year. :) This is the first year that I've not been around all day. I went back to working outside the home a few years ago but I always booked it off. That is, up until this year. My new job doesn't easily allow for days off and especially when the full-time co-workers are taking holidays. Oh well...

Today was a pretty decent day for me at work though, so I can't complain. And Mr.B's day seems to have gone well. Wonder Schmud's best friend was over and Mr.B enjoys the visits as much as anyone so that was nice. Then once I was off work, we went for supper to Red Lobster. There was a shrimp special so that worked well for us all. It was sooooo yummy! We even sprang for dessert, which we almost never do! :)


We had plans to play Guitar Hero when we returned to the house. Or at least, Mr.B did. We pulled a fast one on him and surprised him. A couple days ago, Wonder Schmud was complaining of needing socks because his were all getting holes. I made plans to take him to Wal-Mart to get some and while we were there, we found RockBand3 and picked that up for Mr.B's birthday gift. He was so surprised!!!! Usually he figures out his gifts and he's always said he doesn't like surprises so he will often pick up things he needs before Christmas or birthdays just to avoid it all. He was often disappointed with gifts when he was young and so there was little fun in the anticipation for him. The family always complains because it's so hard to get him anything when he buys things ahead. Anyway, I think it was a good surprise for him and Wonder Schmud and I were thrilled.
Yay! So, that's what the boys are doing right now... and I get to be the audience and enjoy the tunes since we couldn't find one of the controllers. It's all good though. Such great tunes!

Happy Birthday, Mr.B!!!!!!!! I love you!

Dee..

No comments: