The day started out bright and sunny when I first awoke to take Wonder Schmud to work at the grocery. Too bad it had been a short night or I could have managed to stay up and get started early. Yes, I went back to bed even though it was already 8am. ;) I didn't sleep the whole time from then until 10am but I did doze and relax. It's one of my favourite times of day when I can go back to bed like that.
Anyway, by the time I got up again, it was clouded over. I picked up
After lunch, I went out to finish the mowing of the backyard. The sky had brightened considerably and I was no longer thinking we'd get more than a few drops of rain. I felt pretty confident that there would be no precipitation. I went outside to mow the back lawn and found that the lawn was already a little long for the mower... and wet underneath... so the mower plugged a couple times during the course of cutting it. It wasn't difficult to clear the clog (which I had to do several times) and the sun actually came out and shone for a short while. It was positively balmy out there! I took a little break to check in on the boys who were playing Left4Dead in the basement as part of Wonder Schmud's graduation celebration continuing from yesterday.
When I went out to do the trimming and some raking, I wasn't able to finish. Would you believe it was raining?! The air smelled so fresh and clean outside and it was quite enjoyable in spite of the drops hitting my backside. It wasn't a heavy rain, obviously. It was just enough to get things wet. I was also glad it wasn't windy because it wasn't all that cold. I still didn't get completely finished but the time spent out there was still quite a nice way to spend this holiday Monday.
Welcome to Saskatchewan, where if you don't like the weather you only have to wait 5 minutes!
Dee..
No comments:
Post a Comment