A neighbour told Mr.B. the other day that they went to get a simple texting cell phone because theirs broke and they went to their provider only to find out they couldn't. Apparently, there were none available anymore and so their choice was a smartphone, a smartphone or... you guessed it, a smartphone. They were told that everything will be moving to the G4 network very soon. Hmmm...
At the risk of sounding like I'm into conspiracy theories, doesn't it sound kind of like one? It seems like anyone who wants the convenience of using a cell phone will have to use a smartphone and sign up for a data plan. I hate the idea of being forced into something I don't need at this point. It's not even that I wouldn't use it or enjoy it. I just don't need it and don't want to pay for it right now.
The fun part is looking at the phones themselves and comparing features, sizes, etc. The not so fun part is the extra plan costs. Again, the fun part is all the extra things you can do that we don't currently have the ability to do. Sending photo messages, checking social media, and web browsing on the go certainly sound attractive! We've just had times when we've been all excited and then reality hit when the bill came in the mail. I don't really trust those guys in the kiosks... They are, after all, sales people.
All that being said, we are likely looking at going this route very soon. I want to purchase new phones while the old ones are still operational so that if we have issues with the new ones, we'll have others to use in place of them. Everyone I've heard of that had to use a loaner phone while theirs was repaired, hated them. Don't you just want to shove that push back a bit sometimes? Or are you content to have technology plunge you forward at the speed of light?
Dee..
No comments:
Post a Comment