Sunday, October 17, 2004

brrrrr.. winter is definitely coming..

What a chilly day yesterday was. The wind was sooooooo cold! I needed the tylenol and coffee I had for breakfast to avoid a major headache. It was just one of those really yucky feeling days. I needed to get the last minute winter prep things done out in the yard and I could just do the bare minimum. Stuff was put in the shed and stacked around it to weather the snow and wind. It wasn't a great job but it will suffice. The basic cleaning was done by the kids while I read Canadian biographies aloud to them. We love our readalouds! We went to the home of a family that are friends of ours for pizza and had a wonderful time with some really great fellowship! :) Our families get along very well and we're very grateful for God placing them in our life.

Today I felt so much better when I woke because I'd had a good sleep and was able to sleep in till 9am! I love that part of Sundays! ;) Our pastor was out of town so we had someone else giving a message today and it reminded me of the church I attended as a teen. What a weird feeling! It snowed and sleeted overnight so the air was all crisp and clean smelling. It was a nice morning. I like the first snowfall and the newness of it all though I prefer when I don't have to be the one to drive anywhere. ;) We got about an inch of snow in total so that's not too bad and it's melting. The roads were so treacherous this morning on the way to church. My very experienced hubby drove very slowly so I know it was exceptionally bad in regard to road conditions. He has to have a really good reason to drive slowly. LOL

I am really looking forward to doing some Cleansing Stream homework (where most of my thinking will happen..) this afternoon and maybe reading more Canadian history biographies to the kids after that. I really love Sundays! :)

No comments: