Wednesday, July 13, 2011

familiarity..

Feeling incompetent. That's where I was today. It was the one day of the week that I work at the new location of the company I work for. I like the familiar. I don't always take well to change.

There are a lot of new things involved with this new store. The stock is in different places than at the store I'm used to. The cash register is a computer rather than a more manual type. There is clothing to keep track of in addition to shoes. The clientele is different... a little less laid back. It seems noisier and more difficult to hear the customers.

There are also a lot of good things to look forward to... but they are harder to see when being clouded by the new. The new location is brighter and roomier. There are some ways that the computer system simplifies things. It is nice to be where the guys are doing the repairs in case we need to ask questions.

It's likely that I will get used to the new store and enjoy being there. It's likely that I just need more time there to get used to things and learn more about that computer system. I wish it wasn't quite so far from home... even though it's not REALLY that far to drive 15-20 minutes. I don't even mind driving. In fact, I enjoy it.

Time is the big factor. Time will make me as comfortable with the new store as I am with the old one. Time will build my confidence. Time is what I need. Time... will make me more comfortable with the changes.

Dee..

No comments: