It's the end of an era for us. Our days of homeschooling are over. It's kind of sad for us and I know we will both miss it dramatically. Homeschooling had its moments... the ups and downs... but overall, it was a great way to live. I've had my share of doubts over the past year with all that's gone on in our life since our daughter ran away but I've come to a place, today at least, where I am not sorry to have taken that time and focus on our children and raising them at home full-time.
Tonight we had an impromptu night out with two other couples that homeschool their children. They are both still teaching theirs since they have younger children but one was mentioning how she needed a teacher appreciation day.... so Mr.B decided to declare one and we went to celebrate. I had been working and it was good timing since we didn't know what we'd have for supper tonight. ;) It was a fun time visiting and having 40% off on our appetizers was a bonus! It was 40% off Appie night at Brewster's tonight.
I really think that we should have done this sort of thing sooner with other couples at the end of the year. It really is something to celebrate! Our children learn so much over a school year and grow up so much. Those milestones are worth paying attention to. This might be our last year to do so... but I would encourage all homeschooling families to do something with other families at year end to mark the milestones along the way. Oh the things I'd do differently if I were beginning again!
Dee..
1 comment:
I that she-devil, Hindsight! :)
Glad you had a good evening.
Post a Comment