Saturday, April 30, 2011

political landscape..

I never used to get very involved in politics. Actually, when I was in university I did do some volunteer time with the Conservative Party though it wasn't because I was in the know about what they stood for. I had a friend or two that supported them however they could and I was just tagging along. I have actually voted NDP more than once. It's not until the past few years that I've really developed a desire to know more.

One of the biggest things I have not been able to understand is how the Bloc came to be a federal party in Canada. However it happened, I would love to see that reversed. As I mentioned in another earlier post, I just don't "get" how they can run in a federal election when they care only about Quebec... when they are NOT there for all of Canada. This article from Sun News entitled "Change Funding Rules to Block the Bloc" explains some of that and how to put an end to it.

I posted just a few days ago about how irritated it makes me to hear the NDP smear campaign advertisements on the radio. It's really sad that a party that I used to see as strong and proud has had to resort to this type of advertising. I wish there was more of the explanations of what they will do and how they want to accomplish each task instead of putting others down. There's a way to compare policies and plans without constantly bashing the others.

The other thing I'd like to say about politics is how annoying it is that these grown men and women can't act older than they do in the House. It's really worse than an elementary school's playground! I'd love to see these people stand together where they can to make Canada better and stronger. After that, they can hash out the rest with much more civility than they currently do. I'd like to see the system changed for the better. I'd like to see a Canadian democracy that doesn't make us look like spoiled brats fighting for their own way even if there are other better ways to reach the same goal.

Change is needed. I'm just not convinced that it's a shift to another party that will create the refocussing that's required to build a Canada we can truly be proud to be a part of.

Dee..

No comments: