Tuesday, April 5, 2011

new baby..

I haven't a lot of time but wanted to share a little tidbit of news. I never had a car of my own or a second car for the family until I went back to work a few years ago. It wasn't something I planned on, even. However, the bus service wasn't great to my first job leaving me late for work almost every morning so my husband took an opportunity to purchase for me, a 1991 Toyota Corolla from another homeschooling family. It served me well and I loved being able to have the shorter trip to and from work... and then also to have a vehicle that was smaller to run errands when needed.

Sadly, it was starting to have some issues and the time had come to think about how much work to put into an older car. I had been browsing online off and on dreaming about what it would be like to have a newer little car but I really saw it as a pipe dream because I didn't want to be working just to have a car payment. I changed jobs about 6 months ago and this one will soon require me to drive across the city at least a day or two a week so an older car that was becoming less reliable just didn't seem to be the best idea.


I spotted a 2009 Pontiac G3 Wave on a dealer website and just knew I had to go see it.
The price wasn't bad for that new a car and it also had low mileage. So, the next day was a Saturday.... the only day in my week that I work a full 8 hour day. My husband, Mr. B., agreed with me that we should see it so before work we went to the dealership. I took it for a test drive and loved it! I went to work and Mr. B. took care of all the little details, having the car "bought and paid for" by 4:30pm that same day! What a blessing that was for me! So, now I am the proud owner of a bouncing baby Bianca! lol Here's a photo from before she was mine.

She's a good girl... and seems to like to play in the puddles. I don't mind as long as they aren't too deep. ;) Isn't she cute?

Dee..


No comments: