on in order to avoid the reality of the events that make up Easter. Instead, on Good Friday we make an effort to remember pain and suffering endured and that Jesus was willing to carry our sin for us into the depths of hell so that we wouldn't have to. He spent 3 days there paying the penalty. When the debt was paid He rose out of the grave and walked on the earth once again, being seen by people, before ascending into heaven.He never sinned. But he was willing to die so that we could join Him in heaven one day. It's like taking a bullet for someone and dying. Would
YOU take a bullet for someone who hated you? Would YOU be willing to be tortured for them? That's what Jesus did for us all. In all honesty, I'm not sure I would even though it's nice to think that I would.Mixed emotions are what I feel when I think of Easter. Happy and sad all at the same time. I am happy to have the opportunity to have eternal life. I'm sad that someone had to DIE and be tortured in order for me to have it. How about you? Are you grateful for life everlasting?
Dee..
No comments:
Post a Comment