Friday, October 6, 2006

same-sex marriage legislation..

I haven't said anything about the whole same-sex issue at all on this blog but I can't really understand why there's controversy any longer on the part of the gay and lesbian community. The Conservative government is posed to put into law a bill to protect churches and halls that don't want to be part of gay or lesbian marriages.

The questions I have to those who don't want these protections put into place are these: Why do you oppose this protection when you have already been granted what you wanted? Why would you even want someone who doesn't agree with your "marriage" to be a part of your wedding? Wouldn't that have the potential to ruin your special day?

Aren't you just looking for a reason to cry discrimination? Isn't the real issue that you want everyone to agree with your chosen lifestyle and behaviour? Aren't you really seeking to enforce approval for yourselves? How is this called tolerance?

Dee..

No comments: